Dermcare's Malaseb Shampoo is the perfect treatment shampoo to cure skin infection issues caused by bacteria or yeast.
This shampoo is registered to treat Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Dermatophytosis. Seborrhoeic Dermatitis is the scientific name for a skin infection involving bacteria (Staphylococcus) and yeast (Malassezia).
Dermatophytosis is the scientific name for ringworm, a condition which is not due to worms (like the name suggests) but is in fact a fungal infection. It is normal in dogs to have low numbers of resident bacteria and yeasts on the skins surface. When there is a disruption to the skins natural ecosystem these bacteria and yeasts can overgrow causing disease.
Reasons for disruption to the natural balance:
- Allergy, including to pollens, grasses, foods (meats) and fleas.
- Parasites, such as fleas, mites and lice.
- Hormonal problems
- Conformational problems such as deep skin folds, making sweaty crevices.
- Kills the micro-organisms, helping to keep the numbers of yeasts and bacteria at manageable levels
- Removes excess scale and oils, commonly produced when the skin is infected
- Removes allergens such as pollens which can be caught in fur or on skin causing irritation
*Refer to the actual product for the most accurate information.
*Prices reflected online are not representative of in-store prices.